Media & Influencer Hosting Requests
Thank you to all of our partners who have been submitting offers to host upcoming media and influencer visits! We cannot host these important visits without your partnership and support. Several partners have asked how we select which hotels get certain visits. We wanted to take this opportunity to clarify our selection process with everyone.
- Best Fit for Story – If a journalist/influencer requests a particular hotel that is key to their story or campaign, we do our best to fulfill that request. At the same time, we’ll fit a property with the focus of content e.g. if it’s a family story we’ll highlight a property that has unique kid-friendly programming, menus or day care options.
- Budget Considerations – We don’t have an unlimited media hosting budget so we try to maximize our dollars to host as many media/influencers as possible. For this reason, we often select the property that gives us the best offer. This can be based on rate and/or add-ons such as a comp dinner, spa treatments, unique experiences, etc. If we have a property willing to comp a visit versus paying a rate – we are going to select the property willing to provide complimentary accommodations.
- Respond by the Deadline – Please respond to hosting requests by the deadlines provided. We do our best to give you a lot of lead time to check with revenue management about hosting options.
We know it’s been a crazy summer with occupancy so we truly appreciate all you are doing to help support this program! If you have additional questions about how we select hosting partners, please contact MYPR at DiscoverVailPR@myprco.com and we are happy to discuss further.
Media Coverage Highlights
|Driving an Electric Car on Colorado’s Scenic Byways|
(CTO story placement supported by Discover Vail)
News You Can Use
A few highlights a few creative things happening around town that you can use to help pitch the destination as well as find inspiration for guest communication, additional programming, offers, etc.
- Picnic Vail launched in late June providing curated picnic experiences for guests. Picnic Vail sets up distinctive settings throughout town including dining along Gore Creek, an experience near the Betty Ford Alpine Gardens or a private getaway near the Vail Nature Center. Picnics include a grazing board from The Grazing Fox, chilled bottled water, Polaroid camera, games ranging from conversation cards to corn hole, a low table, seating, glassware, cutlery and cozy linens. Each experience can be customized with a photographer, balloons, flower arrangements and more.
- Barrio Social is opening soon! This new high-end tapas bar offers a sleek interior design that flows outside onto the patio for optimal people watching and outdoor summer dining. Created by the owners of Vail’s popular La Bottega restaurant, Barrio Social’s design, menu and drinks are inspired by travels through the Iberian Peninsula. Spanish and Portuguese wines, ciders, sherry’s and portos complement the pintxos, tapas and planchas dishes.
- The Betty Ford Alpine Gardens just released a stunning large format book that takes readers inside the gardens and highlights its lofty perch in the botanical world. On the Roof of the Rocky Mountains celebrates the more than 3,000 alpine species that have been cultivated and curated to create a world-renowned public garden that has become a year-round attraction.
- Sonnenalp recently opened the new Treff Café, a European street bar with authentic German fare, coffee, fresh pastries, wine, creative cocktails and more. Swing by to check it out!
For the latest destination information, be sure to check out the Discover Vail Media Center! If you have a news release or important information to share, please send it to us so we can post and share your news on the media center.
Is your business doing something creative? Let us know by sending information to DiscoverVailPR@myprco.com.
Information Request – Media Pitches
|Fall News – Packages, Programming, Etc. |
Media are already writing about what’s happening this fall! If you have any news about your business e.g. anniversaries, openings, new wine tasting programs, special menus, etc. please share that content. We also are seeking unique fall vacation packages, hotel programming and spa offers. DEADLINE EXTENDED! JULY 14.
Please let us know if your hotel is in the process of doing any major or minor renovations. We also want to hear if you’ve announced any future enhancements as well! Even enhancements to your pool or new FFE is of interest! We find trends in the information you share and develop our pitches from that content. DEADLINE EXTENDED! JULY 14. When submitting content, feel free to send bullet points, links to information, news releases or paragraphs. We want to make this easy on you!
All information should be submitted to DiscoverVailPR@myprco.com. Or, if you want to participate in these media pitches but are unsure how to do so, please reach out to MYPR at the email noted above and we are happy to help!
Malen Yantis PR is your PR partner in promoting the Discover Vail marketing effort. Our primary focus is promoting the destination in the spring, summer and fall. In addition to the PR Partners Tipsheet, you’ll receive relevant emails with various media needs, hosting requests, updates, etc. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or comments about this newsletter, what you want to see in the future and how we may meet your ongoing needs. Contact MYPR – Kristin Yantis or Amanda McNally at DiscoverVailPR@myprco.com or (970) 949-7919.