Although the pandemic has devastated our country and communities, it has also given us a unique opportunity to reimagine who we are as a travel industry. We are all proud of our state and our communities and want nothing more than to see them thrive. I am hoping that the below list of resources and webinars will help you begin to rebuild and thrive in these uncharted times.
1. Miles Partnership, along with our industry partners, has created and curated a resource center with essential insights and recommendations for DMOs and tourism organizations. These resources provide clear, timely answers to questions about COVID-19 and travel & tourism. On this page, you can also view past webinars and register for upcoming ones.
2. The Colorado Tourism Office is on a steady, thoughtful path to reopening our tourism economy. As the state prepares to welcome visitors, they continue to update their consumer and industry messaging, and are hosting an hour-long webinar for an overview of a new in-state tourism campaign that kicks off by highlighting the value of tourism.
June 17, 2020, 11 a.m. -12:00 p.m.
Learn How the Colorado Tourism Office is Marketing to In-State Travelers.
Click Here to join the Zoom meeting
Meeting ID: 913 5133 7682
Join by phone
Dial: +1 408 638 0968
Meeting ID: 913 5133 7682
3. Google My Business Workshops. Communication during an event like this is imperative, which means maintaining an accurate Google My Business Listing. Remember, your customers are more likely going to turn to Google for information about your business before any other source.
This workshop and live Q&A are open to all Colorado tourism businesses. As the state reopens for visitors, customer confidence is critical. Google business profiles are the most highly visible source of information about your business.
The instructional content on Google My Business will be provided in two webinars, please register for each below.
June 17, 2020, 10:00 a.m. –10:45 a.m.
Google My Business: Fundamentals
June 18, 2020, 10:00 a.m. –10:45 a.m.
Google My Business: Maximizing Exposure
You can also view our Google My Business Video, which is an 11-minute video explaining how to update your business hours, phone number, menu options, and other useful items powered by Google.
4. Free Colorado.com Business Listing. Tourism related businesses and organizations in Colorado can sign up for free listings on Colorado.com. Click Here to learn more.
5. Special Offer. For just $50 a month, you can secure a promoted Special Offer on the site. If you sign up for three months (July – September), you will receive the remainder of the month of June for free.
The Colorado Tourism Office will be promoting the entire collection of Special Offers in digital, social, and public relations in conjunction with our new campaign launch.
I want to be sensitive to everyone’s needs during these uncertain times. Please know that I am just a phone call or email away if you would like to review your current contract or look at ways to get your message out in front of people wanting to get out and travel. Here you will find the 2020 Colorado Tourism Office Media kit to review when the timing is right.
Travel Media Sales & Marketing Executive for the Colorado Tourism Office
d: 303-867-8244 | c: 303-915-2371 | f: 303-265-9528
You can access MilesPartnerhships COVID-19 public communications platform by CLICKING HERE for a list of upcoming webinars, blog posts, best practices, tips, and more.
The Colorado Tourism Office is on a steady, thoughtful path to reopening our tourism economy. As the state prepares to welcome visitors they have updated their consumer and industry messaging, which you can view by CLICKING HERE. Please check this link frequently as they continue to update these pages as the landscape evolves.