Sprinkler prevents fire from spreading in Vail

By scott miller

VAIL — Vail Fire and Emergency Services crews responded to the report of a fire in the kitchen at Manor Vail Lodge in the early morning hours Tuesday.The initial alarm was transmitted to Vail Public Safety Communications Center around 1:30 a.m. A fire engine from the Vail Village fire station arrived in just less than five minutes. Additionally, an engine from the West Vail station and Vail Police officers arrived shortly thereafter. Upon arrival, crews determined that a fire in a bag of cleaning rags in the kitchen of the Lord Gore restaurant had ignited. The fire was quickly extinguished …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed