Creosote-clogged chimney sparks Eagle fire

Creosote-clogged chimney sparks Eagle fire
Local News

By Randy Wyrick

EAGLE — A wood-burning stove built up with creosote likely caused an early morning fire Friday. Firefighters from Eagle and Gypsum responded to a single-family home structure fire on Sylvan Lake Road south of Eagle. A crew led by Capt. Eric Mosher was the first on the scene and worked quickly to get the fire under control, said John Patterson, chief of the Greater Eagle Fire Protection District. Patterson said their first priority was preserving the property. The fire was out in about two hours. There were no injuries. While the cause of the fire remains under investigation, Patterson said …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed