Electrical fire at Safeway in West Vail causes brief closure

11th December, 2014 by

By Edward Stoner

VAIL — Crews from Vail Fire and Emergency Services were dispatched to the Safeway grocery store, 2131 North Frontage Road in West Vail, at 1:20 a.m. today following the report of a structure fire in the store. Upon arrival, responders found the store full of smoke and approximately 10 employees standing outside the building after evacuating themselves from the store. Upon further inspection, responders found that a food cooking appliance in the deli had a short in the wiring, which caused the equipment motor wiring to throw sparks. Power was cut to the appliance and the small fire was quickly …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr