Information provided today from Morgan Hill, M.S.
Environmental Health Manager
Eagle County Public Health and Environment
We continue to have good news for our business community as vaccination numbers increase around the State. Eagle County continues to hover very close to the Orange Level 7-day Covid-19 incidence rate, so it’s important for all of us to continue to follow the 5 Commitments and keep our businesses open in Level Yellow capacities.
Changes to Dial restrictions in State Public Health Order
The State has announced some changes to their Public Health Order that affect restaurant operations. Because Eagle County remains in Level Yellow, those changes are:
- Restaurants in Level Yellow may expand capacity to 150 without using the distancing space calculator.
- Last call for alcohol expands to 1 AM.
- Authorizing Indoor Events in Level Yellow to expand capacity to 150 for seated events without using the distancing space calculator.
- When Eagle County moves to allow 5 Star certified businesses to operate in Level Blue, certified restaurants and event venues may expand capacity to 225 without using the distancing space calculator, and expand last call to 2 AM.
- What hasn’t changed: 6 feet of distance must still be maintained between patrons at different parties/tables. The maximum party size does not change based on the Dial level and remains at 10.
Expanded retail food worker categories to be eligible for vaccinations soon
Eagle County is making great progress on distributing vaccines to our community, and we are now turning our attention to workers in the food industry.
- We have already begun to provide vaccinations to workers of grocery stores based on the state’s guidance.
- Vaccinations for restaurant workers will likely open during the week of March 21. Pre-registration will likely begin next week. Visit our vaccine information page to learn more.
- Since the Pfizer vaccine is the only one that can be used for people aged 16 and 17, we want to take advantage of a planned Pfizer clinic next week.
- Anyone 16 or 17 that works for a grocery store (including smaller stores, convenience stores and ethnic grocers) AND restaurants can complete our vaccine interest form and they may be able to get scheduled into next week’s Pfizer clinics.
- All other restaurant workers will likely be eligible for vaccinations the following week.
You can reach the Environmental Health team at (970) 328-8755 or firstname.lastname@example.org.