Creosote-clogged chimney sparks fire in Eagle home

2nd January, 2015 by

By Randy Wyrick

EAGLE — A wood-burning stove built up with creosote likely caused an early morning fire Friday. Firefighters from Eagle and Gypsum responded to a single-family home structure fire on Sylvan Lake Road south of Eagle. A crew led by Capt. Eric Mosher was the first on the scene and worked quickly to get the fire under control, said John Patterson, chief of the Greater Eagle Fire Protection District. FIRE OUT IN TWO HOURS Patterson said their first priority was preserving the property. The fire was out in about two hours. There were no injuries. While the cause of the fire …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr