Pass sales available for purchase online now.
New for 2021, the Vail Golf Club is offering the platinum pass for VRD taxpayers, which allows pass holders to make tee times up to 10 days in advance. A limited number of these passes will be sold, so don’t wait to get yours! The platinum pass is available on a first-come, first-served basis so make sure you are online early on April 12 if you are interested in purchasing this pass.
Other available passes include the revised gold pass (tee times can be made seven days in advance and includes unlimited golf, cart, and range balls), silver pass, junior passes, young adult passes, and parent-junior passes for families to play together. Popular 10-round and 20-round, 9 hole passes are also available. View pass details at vailgolf.com. Passes may be purchased online at vailrec.com/register (click on the “Season & Punch Passes” tab – you will need to create an account if you do not already have one). In-person purchases will be available at the Vail Golf Club pro shop beginning on opening day.
Opening Day & Greens RenovationThe Vail Golf Club aims to open for the season on Friday, May 14, weather depending. The pro shop will be open daily from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. during the early season.
We are excited to announce that this spring we will be completing the renovation of six of our playing greens! This will be the first phase of our three-year project to renovate all 18 of our regulation greens. Once our snowpack has melted and conditions allow for remobilization of the contractor performing the work, renovation of greens 1, 5-7, 11, and 14 will be completed. Details of the greens renovation process include:
- Greens contours are GPS mapped so that existing surface contours and greens perimeters are re-established with the new greens.
- The existing turf and soils comprising the greens are excavated to a depth of 12”.
- 6-8” wide sub-grade drainage line “branches” are excavated roughly 10’ apart in the interior of the green, a main drainage line is routed to the primary drainage collection site of the green, and a drain line is excavated on the exterior of the green and run to the nearest out-of-play area.
- 12” of sand-based rootzone with a 5% component each of topsoil and peat is then placed in the interior of the green, covering the drainage lines, and graded to match the original contours of the green.
- A perimeter of turf surrounding the green is cut out approximately 2-6’ from the outside collar edge for replacement of new bluegrass sod.
- Irrigation sprinklers around the perimeter of the greens are re-leveled to the surface if necessary.
- Each green is sodded with Creeping Bentgrass, of the same variety that was used on greens 3, 4, 13, and 15-17 in the spring of 2020. Once sodded, we anticipate opening them to play within three to four weeks, depending on weather conditions.
Summer Programming The Vail Golf Club will again offer a stellar lineup of programming and camps for both youth and adults. Starting in June, adults can participate in the Swing Tips & Sips and Ladies, Lessons and Libations driving range clinics, Get Golf Ready and Lady Golf Camp programs, plus senior clinics and junior camps and leagues. For the full rundown of programs, visit vailgolf.com.
Vail Golf & Nordic Clubhouse The Vail Golf & Nordic Clubhouse features pro shop facilities, locker rooms, and the Grill on the Gore restaurant, which serves golfers and the public with an expansive outdoor seating area. Our beautiful banquet space offers event seating for up to 160 guests and both the clubhouse and scenic Wedding Island showcase gorgeous views of the Gore Mountain Range. Grill on the Gore will continue serving up creative takes on your favorite American comfort foods. With a diverse craft beer selection and signature cocktails, our restaurant is the perfect place to gather with friends and family this summer to take in the spectacular Gore Range mountain views from the outside patio.
For more information about golf passes and programs, please contact Vail Golf Club Director Alice Plain at firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-479-2260, ext. 3. We look forward to seeing you out on the course this spring!