No one injured in contained blaze at Bellyache residence

No one injured in contained blaze at Bellyache residence
Local News

By John LaConte

WOLCOTT — A family of four was evacuated without injury Tuesday after a fire in their chimney filled the Bellyache area home with smoke. The Eagle River Fire Protection District was dispatched at 9:40 p.m. Upon arrival they discovered a working fire in the chimney of a wood burning fireplace insert, with flames extending inside the chimney chase and up toward the roof. Crews were able to quickly contain the flames, and by midnight the fire was completely out. Crews spent another hour conducting overhaul operations to confirm that there was no extension of the fire into the roof area …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed