Eight displaced following Avon grease fire

29th December, 2015 by

By Melanie Wong

AVON – An unattended pan left on the stove overheated and caused a grease fire, displacing the residents of two Avon apartments last night. At approximately 8 p.m., Eagle River Fire Protection District (ERFPD) was dispatched to a report of a sprinkler flow alarm at the Buffalo Ridge apartments on Swift Gulch Road. Upon arrival, the fire had already been extinguished by the automatic fire suppression system.The resident said he had been frying food and left the room; when he returned, the pan was on fire. Since he wasn’t sure what to do, he moved the pan to the sink …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr