Fireplace ashes caused fire in Vail

23rd December, 2014 by

By Edward Stoner

VAIL — Fire officials say the improper disposal of fireplace ashes appears to be the cause of a structure fire which was reported at 11:14 p.m. Monday at 162 W. Meadow Drive in Vail. Upon arrival, crews discovered flames coming from a trash enclosure on the west side of the residence. Interim Fire Chief Steve Pischke says the fire extended from the enclosure into the adjoining residence which required firefighters to remove portions of the ceiling and interior wall in order to reach the fire. The residence was unoccupied at the time and there were no injuries to fire personnel …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr