Matterhorn Inn a total loss

25th November, 2014 by

By scott miller

VAIL — The cause of a Nov. 22 structure fire that destroyed three of 11 units at 1552 Matterhorn Circle has been determined to be accidental according to Fire Marshal Mike Vaughan of Vail Fire and Emergency Services. Due to heavy smoke damage to the remaining eight units and extensive damage to the roof, the building has been declared uninhabitable. The building was built in 1972 and dollar loss is estimated at $1.3 million. Vaughan said the fire started in unit six of the single story Matterhorn Inn complex when either a log or embers ignited combustible materials around the …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr