Gas leak causes evacuation in Avon

22nd August, 2014 by

By Edward Stoner

AVON — A gas leak caused the evacuation of three people from an apartment complex in Avon on Thursday. At about 3:15 p.m., the Eagle River Fire Protection District responded to the report of a high-pressure gas leak at 288 W. Beaver Creek Blvd. in Avon. Only 10 of the units were occupied at the time, and three people were evacuated. The leak appears to have been caused when a lift being used by painters hit a gas meter tree. Residents were allowed to return at about 4:20 p.m., after the gas had been turned off and the units aired …

Source: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr