Vail gas leak forces evacuation

7th August, 2014 by

By Melanie Wong

VAIL — Approximately 600 hotel guests and residents were evacuated Wednesday thanks to a gas leak on West Lionshead Circle in Lionshead Village. Construction workers in the area accidentally hit an underground pipe, causing a natural gas leak that was visible from the street level. The leak was reported around 3:30 p.m. Vail Fire Chief Mark Miller said crews were on scene immediately to evacuate people from nearby buildings, which included the Ritz-Carlton Residences, Vail Marriott and Vail Spa. Xcel Energy was on scene with excavation equipment in order to repair the leak. The gas leak is on West Lionshead …

Source: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr