Hash oil explosion injures one in Eagle-Vail

29th April, 2015 by

By Randy Wyrick

EAGLE-VAIL — Colorado’s marijuana industry has taken off with a bang — literally.An Eagle-Vail man said a malfunctioning valve in his legal hash oil cooking system caused an explosion Wednesday afternoon.About two hours after the explosion, Ryan Wilhelm, 24, called the Vail Daily from the local hospital to tell his side of the story.Wilhelm said he was outside on the back porch of his Eagle-Vail townhome when a valve failed on his closed-loop hash oil system. They’re designed to keep highly flammable butane gas from escaping.“The valve popped, and I jumped back,” Wilhelm said. “When I did, the static electricity …

Source:: Vail Daily Feed



Vail Resorts

We are the premier mountain resort company in the world and a leader in luxury, destination-based tr