Merchant Pass Program 2017/2018
|-Vail Mountain Lift Ticket Offices open
-Vail Mountain Opens
The Merchant Pass program has been in existence for many years providing a compelling hiring tool for local businesses due to the wide-ranging benefits for employees and, most importantly, unlike other pass products, the pass ownership resides with the business versus an individual and features a one-time transfer for $100 to accommodate employee changes. Unlike the Epic Pass, which is owned by the pass holder and cannot be revoked or transferred by an employer regardless of who paid for it, the passes available through the Merchant Program are owned by the “merchant” or business and in the event that an employee leaves, the pass must be deactivated by the business and may be transferred to another employee. Both Merchant Passes will be restricted at Vail and Beaver Creek Nov. 24-25 and Dec. 26-31, 2017, and Jan. 13 and Feb.17-18, 2018.
Both passes available through the Merchant Program provide a number of ancillary benefits to employees. Benefit offerings include access to Vail Resorts’ popular ski and snowboard application, EpicMix, six ski-with-a-friend tickets and six buddy lift tickets, summer lift access at Vail and Beaver Creek (excluding bike haul), Adventure Ridge discounts during the winter season, one free ski or snowboard group lesson at Vail or Beaver Creek, Nordic lesson discounts and more. Some restrictions apply for these benefits:
The 2017-2018 Epic Merchant Pass will be offered for $859, and the Epic Local Merchant Pass will be offered for $639. The price of the pass is subject to change with sufficient notice and available for purchase all season.
- Epic Merchant Pass: $859Unlimited access with holiday restrictions to Vail, Beaver Creek, Stowe and Whistler, and Unlimited unrestricted access to Breckenridge, Keystone, Park City, Northstar, Heavenly, Kirkwood, A-Basin, Afton Alps, Wilmot & Mt. Brighton. Holiday Restrictions will apply during 11/24/17-11/12/17, 12/26/17-12/31/17, 1/13/18, 2/17/18-2/18/18
- Epic Local Merchant Pass: $639– 10 Days of skiing with holiday restrictions at Vail, Beaver Creek, Whistler Blackcomb & Stowe, with unlimited access and holiday restrictions to Park City, Northstar, Heavenly & Kirkwood and also unlimited unrestricted access to Breckenridge, Keystone, Wilmot, Afton Alps, Mt. Brighton & A-Basin. Holiday Restrictions will apply during 11/24/17-11/12/17, 12/26/17-12/31/17, 1/13/18, 2/17/18-2/18/18
Sign-up today by phone (970)477-0075 or email. Please visit www.vailchamber.org or Vail.com/vbcmerchantpass for more info. You must RSVP to receive credit.
Qualifying for the Merchant Pass
In order to be eligible for the Merchant Pass program, businesses must first belong to the Vail Chamber & Business Association (VCBA), or Vail Valley Partnership (VVP). Second, businesses must participate in one of the qualifying events or programs offered by the Associations. More information regarding the programs offered can be found online at www.vail.com/vbcmerchantpass.com. Companies must remain in good standing with their Association.
☐ $65 Registration Fee per business.
☐ Participation in one of the following qualifying programs. A minimum of one person per business must participate. However, all these programs are informative and usfual and have been developed by the VCBA to better help train their employees. We invite you to send as many employees to as many programs as possible.
☐ Mystery Shopper Program: This program allows a business to receive real time critical feedback about the quality of their customer service. Initial set up cost is $100 and packages start as low as $225 for 5 shopper visits. The $65 registration fee will be waived.
☐ VCBA Winter Update Meeting: Attend our annual winter meeting! The meeting is on November 9th from 8:30am-10 am at The Antlers Hotel. This option is open to the public but the business owner or a key manager must be present in order to meet Merchant Pass qualification. The meeting will include VCBA info and updates, Vail Resorts and Vail Mountain updates, information from local media/marketing organizations, and refreshments. We encourage business owners and their employees to attend. Vail information packets will be distributed.
☐ Vail Welcome Center/Community Host Meeting: This meeting is great for educating managers and employees on good customer service. The meeting will be held in December (date and location is to be determined) and will emphasize the entire Vail guest service experience from Vail Mountain to individual businesses. (Space limited)
☐ Employee Town Tours: 1.5-2 hour walking tour guided through Vail Village and Lionshead Village with key stops such as welcome centers, pass offices, etc. This is an excellent way to familiarize your employees with our town so they can better serve our customers. Tours are limited to 15 people assigned on a first come first serve basis. Tours begin at 9:30 a.m. in front of the Vail Village Welcome Center. Schedule: 12/5, 12/12, & 12/20. (Space limited)Tours may be extended into January and February based on demand.
☐ Eagle County Air Alliance (EGE) Contribution: EGE Air Alliance is a 501c (6) non-profit that provides funding to the Eagle Regional Airport so that Vail Valley Businesses, residents and communities have a strong vibrant flight service program. *Applies only to first time contributions.
Merchant Pass Holder Deal
This section outlines the restrictions and benefits offered by the merchant pass to the specific merchant pass holder.
Additional Merchant Pass Benefits
- A Merchant Pass may be transferred once to another employee from the same business for $100.
- Six buddy lift tickets provide the option to purchase a ticket to ski and ride during restricted periods. The buddy tickets also may be used for friends and family all season. Payment does not need to be made by the merchant pass holder; a friend or family may pay for the ticket. Coupons belong to the pass holder and pass holder must be present to redeem.
- Six ski-with-a-friend tickets offer up to six days of unrestricted skiing or snowboarding for family or friends at a discounted rate that varies by date. Tickets will be electronically loaded onto the Merchant Pass and can be redeemed at any ticket window. Payment does not need to be made by the merchant pass holder; a friend or family may pay for the ticket. Coupons belong to the pass holder and pass holder must be present to redeem.
- One free adult ski or snowboard group lesson at Vail or Beaver Creek, valid Nov 28 – Dec. 12, 2017 or Jan. 16-Feb. 16, 2018. Alternatively pass holders may select a free introductory cross country lesson or snowshoe tour in Vail or Beaver Creek, or a Tele-Tuesday in Beaver Creek anytime during the season when a paying guest is present. Reservations may be made for a discounted Teleworkshop in Vail or Beaver Creek anytime during the season.
- Enjoy a multi-day lesson offer and enroll in a three-day adult ski or snowboard group lesson program for the price of two days.
- 20% off adult activities at Adventure Ridge for Merchant Pass holders during non-peak periods.
- Access to Vail Resorts’ award winning and popular ski and snowboard application EpicMix. For more information visit EpicMix.com.
- For more information please check www.vail.com/vbcmerchantpass.