Welcome Center Associate (PT)
Are you looking for an opportunity to interact with your community and share your love for Vail?
We have a few winter shifts open on our amazing team at the Welcome Center with plenty of opportunity to pick up more! We are seeking a qualified guest service guru to work from 8:30am – 5pm on either Thursday, Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday in the Lionshead Welcome Center.
About the position:
Together with the team this position will deliver five star guest service within the center and extending throughout the resort community. The centers offer resort information, free resources, help with lodging, dining, transportation, shopping, day trip ideas and more. The Welcome Center Associate has the opportunity to meet and interact with people from all walks of life from all over the world. Our vision for this role is that we find outgoing individuals who will bring friendliness and knowledge of Vail to the services provided by the Vail Welcome Centers. This is a part-time, year-round position.
The Welcome Centers are open 7 days a week.
Ability to make an impact:
- Provides accurate and helpful information to all visitors while exceeding their expectations with high quality guest service.
- Acts as an ambassador to the Vail community, maintaining a positive and welcoming environment that creates a memorable experience to our guests.
- Continually looks for ways to improve performance, services and programs.
Provides helpful information to guests in addition to responding to guest inquiries. Offers suggestions and addresses concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Handles repetitive questions, scenarios and tasks with enthusiasm and professionalism.
- Maintains a proper display of materials such as brochures, visitor packets, maps, etc.
- Upholds relationships with local businesses, knows store hours, product/services.
- Tracks referrals and visitor numbers in order to prepare reports.
- Offers eye contact, smiles, and engages with everyone who enters the centers.
- Is alert to safety factors and facility maintenance needs.
- Ensures Welcome Centers are clean and organized at all times.
- Presents professional appearance including following dress code, personal appearance standards, and professional communications.
- Other duties as assigned
Skills / Requirements
We realize that to set the standard for world-class alpine resorts, our employees make all the difference! That is why we are looking for individuals who strive for excellence in all that they do. Qualified applicants will meet the following requirements:
- Previous experience providing world class customer service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and use a high degree of tact, discretion and diplomacy in dealing with diverse groups and individuals.
- Ability to meet scheduling needs.
Questions? Please contact Amanda Zinn firstname.lastname@example.org.
Culture / Lifestyle / Benefits
When asked, most of our employees say that working for the Town of Vail feels like family. Our values-based culture is nurtured by the employees’ strong desire to foster teamwork, take ownership in Vail’s future and an overall pride for serving their community. Let’s not forget that our efforts not only benefit the community but also allow us to enjoy the spectacular amenities and culture in the Vail Valley which we call home! To find out more about our community, please visit our website and click on Vail Information.
Perks? A FREE Golf Pass, nordic ski pass, eco bus pass, on-site parking while you work and access to a shared locker room!